22 Jul LED Light Therapy for Skin Rejuvenation
What is LED?
LED stands for light emitting diodes, basically a bunch of little lights that send out different wavelengths or colors to penetrate the skin and create energy for the cells. Each color of light has different effects on the skin. Red light is used for anti-aging, blue light for acne and green light for calming and brightening the skin.
The skin benefits of different colors of LED light have been identified through a broad array of studies. NASA originally developed the technology for experiments with plant growth, pain management and wound healing.
Red light is most often used for general skin improvement and to reduce the visible signs of aging. Blue light has been shown to destroy acne bacteria. Infrared light may have beneficial effects on the skin’s natural supply of collagen and elastin, helping to maintain skin firmness and resilience. A series of regular treatments will provide the best results. LED therapy for skin care is very safe, relaxing and has immediate and long-term benefits.
What does LED do for the skin?
- Increases circulation and oxygenation and restores the skin’s natural cellular activity, which keeps the skin renewed and fresh
- Stimulates the production of collagen and fibroblast activity
- Protects healthy skin
- Helps repair damaged skin
- Decreases pore size
- Aids in skin rejuvenation
- Increases RNA and DNA synthesis, helping damaged cells to replace more promptly
- Increases lymphatic system activity to detoxify the skin
- Kills bacteria that causes acne
- Increases moisture retention
- Firms skin
If you haven’t tried LED therapy, you’re missing out on powerful benefits for your skin.
I’ve been a huge fan of LED therapy since I was first introduced to it in 2001. I love the benefits so much that I include LED with almost every skin care treatment at no additional charge!